Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Importance of a Father

Fathers are vital to a family. "By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families." -The Family: A Proclamation to the World 
Why are fathers so important in a family? Don't they just work at a job and not really spend much time with the children? 
Have you ever seen how a mother will usually orient their children in towards them to protect and shelter them from the world? A father usually orients his children out towards the world to prepare them to enter the outside world. 
When a mother is raising her children her daughters have an example of what they are to become and how to live. But a son? A mother can teach them kindness and love, work ethic and how to learn. But what about how to be a man? Who does the boy turn to for an example of being a man and father. If they don't have a father they can turn to a parents father, a grandfather, and brother but they are still missing a father. 
My father taught me what I should expect in a man when I grow up. He showed me that I can someday marry a man who loves me and will be my husband who can help give my children things that they need that I as a mother cannot give them. My dad was my protector. Children need both a mother and a father. Both genders have something that they offer their children that will help them become the best they can be when they grow up. 
Here is a cute video about the importance of fathers. 

I would love to hear your thoughts about fathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment