Monday, June 10, 2013

Families Are Forever

Hey everyone, today I wanted to explain a little bit about the title of my blog Families Through Eternity and why I chose this title.
I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, also known to many as Mormon. In my religion we believe that families can be together forever. When a worthy man and a women are married in our temples they are sealed together for time and all eternity. The couple has made a covenant (a sacred agreement between God and a person or a group of people) with each other and with God. When a couple is sealed together their martial bond will not end at "death do you part." Their bond will last forever. Their children are also sealed to the them allowing the whole family to be together forever.
I chose to name my blog Families Through Eternity because I know that I will be with my family for eternity because of the sealing ordinance that takes place in the temple. The temple is such an important place to me and my family. It is a sacred place that allows families to be eternal. As I have said before we lost my dad in 2009. That was the hardest thing I have had to go through in my life so in my life. But I know that my family is sealed together for eternity and that we will my dad again. I am so grateful that I am sealed to my family. I look forward to the day when I marry in the temple for time and all eternity. My future family, like my family now, will not end with death, but will truly be a Family Through Eternity.

If you would like to know more about my faith and what I believe here are two great sites to go look at...
http://www.lds.org/?lang=enghttp://mormon.org/

I would love to hear what your thoughts and beliefs are.

No comments:

Post a Comment